Johnson Group is committed to protecting our customers’ privacy. This Policy is intended to describe how your personal information is processed and used, and we will make every effort to ensure that our activities keep with the spirit of this Policy.
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of individuals with respect to personal data. We ensure that our policies and practices in relation to the collection, use, retention, transfer and access of personal data comply with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Chapter 486) under the laws of Hong Kong (the “Ordinance”). If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the English and Chinese versions of this Statement, the English version shall prevail.
Our website may disclose non-personally identifiable aggregate statistics relating to our visitors to advertisers, and may collect aggregate information about our visitors, e.g. statistics on the number of visits. This type of data may include, but is not limited to, the browser type and version, operating system, IP address and/or domain name.
When you visit our web site(s), we will record your visit only and will not collect any personally identifiable information (i.e. information that is about you and identifies you) from you unless otherwise stated. Cookies used (if any) in any part of our web site will not be deployed for collecting personally identifiable information. For your information, Cookies are small computer files that can be stored in web surfers’ computers for the purposes of obtaining configuration information and analyzing web surfers’ viewing habits. They can save you from registering again when re-visiting a web site and are commonly used to track your preferences in relation to the subject matter of the web site. You may refuse to accept Cookies (by modifying the relevant internet options or browsing preferences of your computer system), but to do so you may not be able to utilize or activate certain available functions on our web sites.
Collection of Personal Data
At times, you may be required to give your personal data including, but not limited to, your name, gender, age, identity document number, telephone number, fax number, home address, email address, credit card information, education level, occupation, position, household income and interests etc. (collectively “personal data”). Refusal to provide such information may render us unable to handle any application or request you are making, or may deny you access to certain parts of our websites, or may otherwise defeat the objectives of your visit. If you are under the age of 18, consent from your parent or guardian is required before you give us any personal data.
Types of personal data that may be collected or held by us include:
- contact details including telephone number, fax number, address, email address, pager number, etc.;
- results, records and accumulative progress from visiting interactive content;
- inquiries, suggestions or opinions;
- computer operating system and details of internet service providers;
- credit card number if you place an order with us.
Use of Personal Data Collected
- sending information in relation to our products and services, activities, competitions, promotions and events;
- customizing the advertising and content you visit so as to streamline your shopping experience at our site and to provide personalized marketing and promotional information;
- fulfilling your orders for products and services, order processing and payment clearing;
- responding to your inquiries;
- collecting statistical information, conducting analysis and providing anonymous reporting for internal and external clients;
- conducting surveys relating to our customers, products or services;
- evaluation and further enhancement of our products and services;
- fulfilling any purpose directly related to the above purposes.
The provision of such personal data is voluntary.
Retention of the Information
If you are our customers, your personal data which you have provided to us during the service period will be retained for a reasonable period. We will erase any unnecessary personal data from our system in accordance with our internal policy.
Access to and Correction of Information
Under the Ordinance, you have the right to:
- check whether we hold any of your personal data;
- access your personal data held by us;
- require us to correct any personal data which is inaccurate;
- ascertain our policies and practices established (from time to time) in relation to collection and use of personal data.
Personal Information Collection Statement
As a visitor or user of our web site, it may be necessary for you to provide us with your personal data when you apply to us and/or continue to subscribe with us for a service and/or product (“Services”). If your personal data is incomplete or incorrect, we may not be able to provide or continue to provide the Services to you.
We shall keep your personal data confidential at all times. Our policies and practices with respect to the collection, use, retention, disclosure, transfer, security and access of personal data will be in accordance with the Ordinance and this Privacy Statement.
Subject to your consent or instructions, we may collect, use, retain, disclose, and/or transfer your personal data for the following purposes and for other purposes as shall be agreed between you and us or required by law from time to time:
- providing the Product and Services;
- subject to your consent, we may use your personal data for carrying out of market research and marketing of goods and/or services (irrespective of whether we are remunerated for such marketing activities) relating to us, our affiliated companies and business partners, any of their subsidiaries and any company in which the same has a direct or indirect interest or with which it is in joint venture or co-operation or their respective successors and assigns) via direct marketing telephone calls, e-message, e-mail, facsimile, direct mailings etc.
- processing of any benefits arising out of or in connection with the Product Services;
- analyzing, verifying and/or checking of your credit, payment and/or status in relation to the provision of the Product and Services;
- processing of any payment instructions, direct debit facilities and/or credit facilities requested by you;
- enabling the daily operation of your account and/or the collection of amounts outstanding in your account in relation to the Product or Services.
- In relation to the aforesaid purposes, we may disclose and transfer your personal data to our agents, contractors, any third party service providers, any third party payment collection agencies, any credit reference agencies, any security agencies, any credit service providers, banks, financial institutions, our professional advisers, any other persons under a duty of confidentiality to us and any of our actual or proposed assignees or transferees of our rights with respect to you to use.
If you do not wish to receive marketing information from us, or for us to disclose, transfer or use your personal data for the aforesaid purposes, please write or email to our Data Protection Officer (please quote your name, address and account number) at:
Flat B1-B2, 18/F, TML Tower, No.3 Hoi Shing Road, Tsuen Wan, N.T, Hong Kong