Humid weather will bring moulds, walls, anchor lines, crevices etc. at our home will start to have noulds emerging. The most common scenario is the paper products such as books, magazines, paper boxes etc. became damp and got moulds on them. Apart from having stains, the moulds will bring Booklice (Psocids) into your home as well.
Weather has been getting humid, it is very common to see some sesame-seed-shaped insects crawling on the ceilings and walls.
Those small insects are booklice, one of the most common household insects in Hong Kong. You can identify them by the characteristics below :
- 1-2 mm in length, which are smaller than ants
- In a range of colors from gray to brown
- Prefer to grow in warm, moist and dark environments
- Primarily feed on mould and fungi
- Do not bite
Common spots of finding booklice include wallpaper, wall, ceiling, books, papers, wood furniture, and plotted plants.
Once finding booklices, usually we will soon deploy the pesticide spray or fumigator products. But how about solving the problem without chemical pesticides? It can start from the root of pests. Food source is the only reason that pests will stay at your home, therefore, the problem can be solved by non-chemical methods.
The Prevention/Elimination of Booklice
- Simply remove infested items such as books, stacks of paper, paper boxes, and food
- Use vacuum clean to eliminate booklices found on wall
- Store food airtight after opening to prevent mould growth on food
- Place dehumidifiers in different areas of your home in order to keep the place dry and prevent mould growth
- Clean the mouldy areas with the use of SmellGREEN® Natural Disinfectant Spray
- After cleaning, apply the SafePRO® AerisGuard Walls & Ceilings Anti-mould Coating to prevent moulds from occuring again
- Schedule a +GPM Booklice Control Service from Johnson Group to eliminate booklice
- Kill and prevent mould growth with Mould Removal & Prevention Service from Johnson Group
Mould Removal and Prevention Kit
- Natural Disinfectant Spray
Non-toxic and non-corrosive on surfaces. Certified by HK Standards and Testing Centre, kills 99.99% of microorganisms.
- Wall & Ceilings Anti-mould Coating
Inhibit moulds & bacteria growth for 12 months. U.S. EPA approved and NSF certified.
- Portable Wireless Sprayer
Easily apply the disinfectant and coating in large area.
Mould Removal & Prevention service
- Spray SmellGREEN® Disinfectant on walls and ceilings with fogging machine to kill bacteria, viruses and decompose odours & musty smell
- AerisGuard™ Anti-mould Coat to the walls and ceilings to inhibit the growth of bacteria & moulds for 12 months (EPA Approved)
- AURO Anti-mould Paint™ to paint the walls or ceilings to inhibit the growth of bacteria & moulds
- Calculate the bacterial level on the walls with ATP Meter to ensure the mould removal performance
Appointment tel: 2481 3988、WhatsApp 5412 3517、